Where in the world…
1. Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world, in both land mass and population.
2. The second longest river in the world — the Amazon River — flows through Brazil.
3. There are 13 countries in South America and Brazil shares a border with all but two: Chile and Ecuador.
4. Brazil has the most World Cup titles of any country having won 5 times. It is also the only country to have played in every single World Cup tournament.
5. The statue of Christ the Redeemer, located in Rio De Janeiro, is one of the new seven wonders of the world.
Read all about it!
How do you say…
Hello … Oi / Olá
Good-bye … Tchau
Good morning … Bom dia
Good evening … Boa noite
Good night … Boa noite
Please … Por favor
Thank you … Obrigado(a)
I would like a glass of wine … Eu gostaria de uma taça de vinho.
A Taste of Brazil
Brazil has lots of delicious fare – savory and sweet. One of our favorites, and which kids love to help make, are brigadeiros.